Hi, friends! Today I am sharing my perfect pan-seared tofu recipe that we cook often. It’s simple, easy, and delicious! You can use it in a variety of ways: stir fry, veggie bowls, with rice and kimchi, burritos, with a pasta dish, etc. The possibilities are endless!
Before you get started:
- It’s very important to properly press your tofu before cooking. I highly suggest investing in a tofu press as it greatly improved our tofu once we started using it. Here is the one we use: EZ Tofu Press – Removes Water from Tofu for Better Flavor and Texture.
- If you don’t have a tofu press, you can click here for tips on how to successfully press tofu without one.
- There are no measurements for this recipe as I truly do eyeball everything (except for the tofu). You can watch my Youtube video to see how much I use.
- One 14 oz package of organic extra firm tofu
- Tony Chachere’s to taste (You can purchase it here: Tony Chachere’s Original Creole Seasoning 8 Oz )
- Olive oil for the pan
- Garlic powder to taste
- Salt to taste
- Press tofu for at least 30 minutes. I press between 30 minutes to an hour.
- Once tofu is finished pressing, cut tofu into slices as shown in the photo below. For details on how to cut, check out my Youtube video.
- Heat skillet over medium heat and add about a 1 tsp to 2 tsp of olive oil once heated.
- Add slices of tofu to skillet and spread out as shown in photo below.
- Sprinkle Tony’s, garlic powder, and salt to taste. You only do this on one side.
- Let cook on one side for 7 to 10 minutes until golden and edges are starting to brown.
- Flip tofu and cook on other side for 5 to 7 minutes or until golden.
- Serve over rice with kimchi and Tamari sauce (one of my favorite meals and so healthy). You can also serve in a stir fry, a pasta dish, burritos, veggies bowls, and more!
Let me know if you try this recipe and be sure to subscribe to my Youtube channel for more vegan recipes and tips!
Disclaimer: I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.