This recipe came about when I was craving pasta and decided to create a sauce out of what I already had in my pantry and fridge. It turned out to be a great decision because this is one of the best sauces I have ever made!
- 2 tbsp Country Crock Avocado Butter
- 1 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 3-4 tbsp flour
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tbsp Tony Chachere’s seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- A dash of basil
- Melt butter in a small to medium pot over medium heat. Once butter is melted, add almond milk.
- Slowly whisk in 1 tbsp of flour at a time until thick. Add the seasonings and cook over medium heat for about 10 minutes. Be careful not to overcook as it can be become too thick quickly.
- Enjoy over pasta with tofu and veggies or just plain!
Note: I don’t add salt to this recipe as the Tony’s already has enough. If you are watching your sodium intake, I suggest modifying to fit your needs.